Monday, October 27, 2008

Just for fun...

So clearly I have issues with writing this blog in an easy, off-the-cuff, DAILY manner. As you can see, I seem to approach my entries more like little projects... like an essay with a beginning, middle and end that has to convey every side of an argument. I've come to the conclusion this is because I just don't write enough. I'm not a steadily recycling fountain. I'm a backed up faucet. So when I do write, I end up spewing these long-winded epic explorations that must end with a tidy, morally insightful bow. Not to mention it takes me all day. Because I'm constantly editing my words as I type them. No wonder I give up before I even start! It's exhausting. I exhaust myself. Blogs are supposed to be commentaries on life or streams of consciousness or some such fusion of interesting, glib "this is what happened today" diary entries. I'm apparently not grasping the concept. Even something as simple as this my mind turns into something complicated.

What I have noticed is that I'm quite good with pithy one liners on Facebook... Passing observation like that is something I can easily commit to. Why can't status/comment/wall writing be a profession? I'd be a millionaire! And you remember those ABOUT ME surveys that people would email to 10 other people and ask for them to send back and to 10 more and then when Myspace and Facebook were born would post them on their profiles? Those, too, only require short, encapsulated bits of genius. I have always LOVED filling them out. Y'know... that much I can handle.

Funny coincidence... both Jax and DaVida have recently blogged lists of their own. Naturally, I'm enticed to follow suit. (I just noticed... I'm writing as if my audience is more than just 3 people...) I'll start with the one that (hopefully) won't take me all day...

SOME THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY

lazy, hazy summer days by the pool
warm pubs on cold nights
cloudy weather
airports
Galaxy Quest
PG Tips & soy milk
walking in New York City
DANCING... anytime, anywhere
singing passionately at the top of my lungs
driving Mulholland
sunroofs
the first feel of crisp Fall air
a clean home
getting all dolled up
While You Were Sleeping
kitties
when my eye for talent is proven
the Metro / the Subway
sidewalk cafes
big, yummy salads
French romantic comedies
NUTELLA
black & white photography
afternoon movie & lunch dates with Mom
Halloween
TV that makes me laugh, cry, identify
good friends, good food, good wine
toddlers
climbing into bed with freshly washed sheets
Love Actually at 6am on Christmas morning
British accents
realizing i was one step ahead of a trend
the patio at Dominick's
toasted almonds
getting stoned and going to see stoner comedies
live audience sitcom tape nights
Sunday lunches with my grandparents
getting lost in a good young adult fantasy novel
Dlisted.com
bitchy queen humor
the word "cunt"
finding out at the register that something costs even less than its sale price
discovering new music
Starbucks
high heels & jeans
sarcasm
when things work out perfectly
reconnecting with old friends
"Flight attendants, prepare for take-off..."
staring out windows
moments of anticipation
experiencing synchronicity
creating pretty things
imagining the future
liking what i see in the mirror
feeling validated
feeling connected
feeling inspired
feeling like a badass
feeling like THE PRIZE.

2 comments:

DaVida Chanel said...

I feel like a V.I.P. :)
Hey check this site ... since you like the clever facebook status' this might be up your alley: http://www.smithmag.net/sixwords/

NoHoJax said...

Wow...I had a hard time coming up with 20 things ('cause it was late and I was tired) but there are so many things on your list that made me smile and nod (not in the awkward "smile and nod" way but in the sincere "yeah, totally!" way). Especially about flying and looking out windows. I love that you're posting more!